Having my sister over recently was great, especially cause we like to do a lot of the same things and one of them is making pouches!
Since i have a fair coming up, and i was making about a million of these babies, i thought i would show you how very easy it is to make a pouch. I know there are a stack of tutorials on the net for this, but here is mu own version. so here goes!
1) you need:
-2 pieces of outer fabric, cut to length of zip and depth of however deep you want your pouch
-2 pieces of lining, the same size as the outer.
2) First, get your zipper foot on your machine. Then unzip your zip, and sandwich one edge of it between your lining and outer fabric. Make sure your zip is FACING your outer. Pin and sew.
When you open it, it will look like this:
3) repeat the same with the other side. Again, make sure the zip is facing the outer fabric.
when you open it it will look like this:
4) Open it out and face the lining to the lining and the outer to the outer, like this:
5) UNDO ZIP to halfway at this point.. very important...
6) now sew all the way around the outer edge leaving a gap in the lining. make sure you sew over the zip ends.
7) Turn the whole thing inside out through the gap you left.
8) stitch up the gap.
9) and voila! you have a cute little pouch!
How easy was that!!